A Global Challenge is a major issue facing our planet that no one institution can solve. There are several global challenges that relate to chemistry, such as the following:
- Acid Rain: https://www.epa.gov/acidrain/what-acid-rain
- Global Climate Change: https://climatekids.nasa.gov/climate-change-meaning/
- Ocean Acidification: oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/acidification.html
Watch the following video. As you watch the video, think about the following questions:
- What is the problem?
- What is one sub-problem?
- What is one solution to your sub-problem?
- How does the solution fix the sub-problem?
- What is a trade-off to the solution?