Watch the following video:
- Energy Diagram: A diagram that shows the energy needed, the transition state, the reactants, and the products as a reaction takes place.
- Transition State: Is a state between the reactants and products.
- Activation Energy: The energy required for a chemical reaction to occur. If the activation energy is not reached, no reaction will happen. Also, this is the energy between the reactants and the transition state.
- The chemicals you combine
- What you start with
- The ingredients
- Chemicals before the arrow
- The things that are being produced
- The result of the reaction
- The chemicals after the arrow
- Reaction Rate: ∆[reactant or product]/∆time